Gaia Girls Passages is Hiring!
Auntie ~ Youth Mentor, San Francisco & South Bay
Applications accepted on a rolling basis, position starts in the Spring
Gaia Girls Passages is looking for passionate and dedicated female youth mentors for our new spring programming in the Peninsula/South Bay.
All of the below skills are important, but above all of this you must deeply love working with girls, have a strong working ethic, be committed to racial and economic justice, and have a strong personal connection to that which we are teaching. Please read through our website so that you have a thorough understanding of what we are up to, and apply if you feel that your passion in life and skills match well with what we are offering!
We are looking for women with a proficiency in several of the following skills (the more the better but we recognize that this is a diverse set of competencies):
- A deep connection to, knowledge and love of the natural world
- Have a compassionate, caring, and curious heart and ability to be emotionally present and helpful with girls and parents
- Knowledge of plant lore and herbal medicine
- Knowledge and proficiency in several ancestral skills or crafts such as fire making, basket weaving, carving, natural dyes, shelter building, etc. and experience teaching them
- Knowledge and skills in nature based mentoring and/or specifically the 8 shields model of cultural mentoring
- An ability to lead groups of children and/or teens, read group energy, stick to a plan while responding to what is happening
- Being a masterful conductor from stillness to play to focus and back again based on what is needed in the moment
- Play an instrument and/or have ability to lead songs
- Competency or interest in modeling and teaching skills of social and emotional intelligence
- Experience and/or passion in Rites of Passage for girls
- Competency or experience in facilitating dialogue about identity, class and race
- Experience in organizing and/or engaging in civic, environmental, or social activism
We are looking for someone with professional and/or personal experience in at least some of the following areas:
- Working with youth in 2nd – 8th grades
- Working in nature based settings
- Working for an 8 shields organization
- Teaching skills of social and emotional intelligence
- Experience working with teams
** Contact email@example.com with resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!